Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Family Weddings

You guys, I have not one, but THREE nieces getting married this year, and I just got home from the first wedding. This was a quick trip to SoCal for a few days to hang out with family and then to celebrate, and celebrate we did!

The weather was predicted to be cold and rainy most of my time there, but the sun made a few appearances and I did my best to take full advantage of it. My brother's back yard, with the lake and the fountain, is one of my favorite places to sit and ponder life.

Back yard view
Boat ride with my Pops


The rehearsal was a great time to catch up with family, and for the bride and groom to get some last minute advice from GPaw.

Rehearsal family fun time


Last minute details

In between events, I found a new hang out partner, which came as quite a surprise. For those of you who know me well, you know that I'm not typically a "baby person",  but this little guy, my great nephew, melted my heart and became my best buddy. It's always hard to say goodbye to family, but especially to this little one who won't remember me next time I visit.

Great Auntie with my buddy

And then there was the wedding and more family fun time. GPaw officiated, and had everybody laughing and crying throughout the ceremony. Just ask him about the symbolism and significance of wedding rings and see if you don't end up in tears too.

Me and my Pops

Me and the boys 

Sisters

My niece Nichole

My niece Kara
My niece Wendy


GPaw with the ladies

The Happy Couple - Melissa & Cody

I don't have a lot to say this time around, but wanted to share some pics from the trip.  Deep thoughts will be coming later....



No comments:

Post a Comment